Skip to content

Investment momentum. But I'm not sure If I want to raise now !

Featured Replies

That's where things stand with CAAFRAL right now. We just put out a new website and pitch deck, and the team is still getting rebuilt in the middle of all that. There is some real traction, though, with over 14 million in signed LOIs and more than a hundred and forty suppliers along with ten paying customers (from side services), plus backing from LvlUp Ventures and some visibility from YC and The Residency California.

I feel tired from it all, and I do not want to push for a raise while under this kind of pressure. It seems like everyone around keeps saying go faster with lawyers and advisors who have not really closed deals themselves. Things like "raise now" or "set up an office somewhere" and stories about other people raising fast. I am still trying to get things in order after bringing on a new cofounder, and I am not totally sure which VCs really get supply chain instead of just SaaS stuff.

I think I would rather avoid a bad marriage with a VC because I have seen what happens when people raise too soon with the wrong ones. It turns into a messy split and hard feelings that stick around. Maybe slowing down a bit to firm things up and then raising later when it feels right makes more sense than following what others say.

If there are founders who have gone through raises before or who waited on purpose, I would like to hear how they figured out the timing and how they dealt with the push from outside. Just real talk about it.

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Clenat Desirelle said:

That's where things stand with CAAFRAL right now. We just put out a new website and pitch deck, and the team is still getting rebuilt in the middle of all that. There is some real traction, though, with over 14 million in signed LOIs and more than a hundred and forty suppliers along with ten paying customers (from side services), plus backing from LvlUp Ventures and some visibility from YC and The Residency California.

I feel tired from it all, and I do not want to push for a raise while under this kind of pressure. It seems like everyone around keeps saying go faster with lawyers and advisors who have not really closed deals themselves. Things like "raise now" or "set up an office somewhere" and stories about other people raising fast. I am still trying to get things in order after bringing on a new cofounder, and I am not totally sure which VCs really get supply chain instead of just SaaS stuff.

I think I would rather avoid a bad marriage with a VC because I have seen what happens when people raise too soon with the wrong ones. It turns into a messy split and hard feelings that stick around. Maybe slowing down a bit to firm things up and then raising later when it feels right makes more sense than following what others say.

If there are founders who have gone through raises before or who waited on purpose, I would like to hear how they figured out the timing and how they dealt with the push from outside. Just real talk about it.

Honestly, it sounds like youโ€™ve already answered your own question a bit!

If youโ€™re exhausted and donโ€™t feel ready, I wouldnโ€™t raise just because everyone around you is shouting โ€œgo fasterโ€. Raising money is hard enough when you actually want to do it, let alone when youโ€™re already running on empty.

Youโ€™ve got some really promising traction, but turning more of those LOIs into paying customers could put you in a much better position anyway. Better numbers, hopefully better terms, and more freedom to choose the right investor instead of taking whoever is available!!

Iโ€™d probably keep talking to investors and building those relationships, but without officially going into fundraising mode yet. Ninja Spy GIF by Walk Off The Earth

Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with waiting until you actually know what you need the money for and who youโ€™d be happy taking it from!

A bad investor will be far more expensive than a delayed raise!!

User number 1 - in 5 years this will hopefully mean something

  • Author

Thank you so much, James. Then I'll keep pitching and talking to investors, and won't commit until I'm ready.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.