Skip to content

Is ยฃ1,000 Enough to Test Paid Social Properly?

Featured Replies

This came up in a conversation with a founder who has around ยฃ1,000 to put towards marketing. Theyโ€™re wondering whether thatโ€™s enough to properly test paid social or whether the money would be better spent elsewhere.

If you had ยฃ1,000 to test paid social, would you spend it on ads or put it somewhere else?

ยฃ1k is enough to test something. I wouldn't call it enough to "prove paid social works" though.

Yup! that's how I'd look at it too. Spend ยฃ1k learning, not expecting ยฃ5k back ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'd probably spend none of it until the landing page and offer are sorted.

Paying to send people to a rubbish funnel is just expensive research.

  • 2 weeks later...

100%. I've seen people blame Meta when the actual problem is the offer is just crap.

Also depends what you're measuring. Clicks? Signups? Purchases?

ยฃ1k can tell you something very different depending on that.

Exactly. I'd rather have 200 useful visitors and learn something than chase 20k cheap clicks.

This is why I like looking at the whole funnel rather than just ad performance. The ad can be doing its job and the product still loses everyone after the click.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.