Skip to content

Seeking Advice on Finding Our First UK/Australian Clients for a Sri Lankan BPO Startup

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm Stephan, the founder of Adriva Global, a Sri Lanka-based business process outsourcing (BPO) startup. I'm currently working on building the business and reaching out to small and medium-sized businesses in the UK and Australia that could benefit from reliable, flexible outsourcing support.

The idea behind Adriva Global is to help businesses reduce their day-to-day workload and focus on growth by providing dedicated remote support for tasks such as administrative work, back-office operations, customer service, data management, and virtual assistance. Our aim is to offer a flexible and cost-effective alternative to expanding an in-house team, while maintaining clear communication, accountability, and consistent service quality.

At this stage, one of my biggest challenges is finding our first clients and building the initial relationships that will allow us to demonstrate what we can do. I've been exploring different outreach methods, business directories, and networking opportunities, but I'd love to learn from people who have experience growing a service-based business or acquiring international clients.

I'd really appreciate any advice on a few things:

  • What are the most effective ways for a new BPO company to connect with small and medium-sized businesses in the UK or Australia?

  • Are there any networking communities, directories, platforms, or approaches that have worked particularly well for you?

  • How would you recommend building trust with a prospective client when you're a new business without an established portfolio of clients?

  • What should a small outsourcing company focus on to stand out from established providers?

I'm also considering offering a two-week paid trial to a suitable business so that they can evaluate our service, communication, and quality of work before making a longer-term commitment. If anyone is interested in exploring this possibility, knows a business that might benefit from outsourcing, or would be willing to introduce me to someone in their network, I'd be very grateful. There's absolutely no obligation. I'm equally interested in learning from others' experiences and suggestions.

I'm here to learn, build meaningful connections, and develop Adriva Global into a reliable long-term service provider. Any practical advice, constructive feedback, or relevant introductions would be genuinely appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Getting those first few clients is always the hardest part. ๐Ÿ˜…

I'd probably focus on one type of business and one service first, rather than trying to offer everything to everyone. It'll make your outreach more specific and give potential clients a clearer reason to choose you.

Out of curiosity, which service are you finding the most interest in so far?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.