Young Entrepreneurs
A space for young founders and aspiring entrepreneurs to share ideas, ask questions, meet others and learn from people building businesses early in their careers.
8 topics in this forum
-
Based in Tigray, Ethiopia, Dehab Natural pesticide production PLC is a patented bio-innovation startup revolutionizing crop protection through natural insecticide production. Formulated from biodegradable, locally sourced botanical extracts ,Dehab provides an eco-friendly, non-toxic alternative to synthetic chemical pesticides. Currently in its Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage, the startup is validating field efficacy against destructive agricultural pests while preparing for scalable pilot production. Aligned with the One Health framework, Dehab protects smallholder crop yields, restores soil health, and minimizes chemical exposure, delivering targeted pest control bui…
-
- 0 replies
- 70 views
-
-
If you've spent a large portion of your life feeling like your brain is a browser with fifty tabs open, all of them playing different music, and one of them definitely being a tutorial on how to bake bread even though you're supposed to be writing a business plan โ welcome to the club. That chaotic, fast-moving mind of yours isn't a defect. It's a high-performance engine that happens to be perfectly tuned for the startup world. For a long time, the traditional corporate world has treated ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) as something to be "managed" or "fixed." But the very traits that make a 9-to-5 feel like a soul-crushing slog are the exact same traits th…
-
-
- 1 reply
- 879 views
-
-
What Neurodiversity Means to MeI'm not sure there's one exact definition of neurodiversity. For me, it's simply the understanding that my brain works differently. I was diagnosed with ADHD in February, and I'm currently going through the process of pursuing an autism assessment too. The two conditions often overlap, and for me this journey has never really been about collecting labels, especially in the context of relating to neurodiversity and understanding autistic people. It's been about understanding myself. If I'm honest, I wouldn't wish ADHD on my worst enemy. A lot of people call ADHD a superpower, but I'm not entirely sure I agree. Yes, there are positives that co…
-
- 1 reply
- 396 views
-
-
I've been trying to write this for ages because I don't think I've ever really been able to put into words just how much The Underdog Crew means to me. Every time I start writing it, I feel like I don't do it justice because saying "thank you" just doesn't seem enough. I think to understand why it means so much to me, you kind of have to understand who I was before I found it. School and I never really got on. I wasn't the naughty kid, and I wasn't the clever kid either. I was just... there. I was the girl that talked too much, got distracted by absolutely everything, forgot homework, left assignments until the night before, cried over things that nobody else seemed bothe…
-
-
- 1 reply
- 250 views
-
-
You've been late to every meeting this week. You forgot to invoice a client. You started four new projects and finished one. You haven't slept properly in three days because your brain won't switch off. And yet, somehow, you started a business. You saw an opportunity nobody else spotted. You made a decision in ten minutes that your corporate friends have been discussing in committees for six months. You kept going when every sensible person told you to stop. That is not a coincidence. If you have ADHD and you run your own business, you are not in spite of your brain. You are, in a very real sense, because of it. The Numbers That Nobody Talks About EnoughAround 29% of ent…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Jake Richardson-Fowles โ Music Mentor, Practical Skills Tutor and Project Leader at Underdog Crew Studios My story is one of resilience, responsibility and the power of finding the right environment after years of carrying too much too young. I came to Underdog Crew Studios as one of its original day-one members. I arrived through referral from Action for Family Carers, carrying the lived experience of being a young carer. While many teenagers are focused on school, friendships, independence and discovering who they are, I was also carrying responsibilities at home that most young people should never have to shoulder alone. Being a young carer can change the shape of a c…
-
- 0 replies
- 214 views
-
-
Laura Morgan โ Co-Founder of Underdog Crew Studios My story is one of quiet strength, deep empathy and the kind of transformation that happens when someone finally finds the place where they are meant to be. I did not have an easy experience of school. I attended Sir Charles Lucas School in Colchester, at a time when many neurodivergent girls were still being missed, misunderstood or expected simply to cope. My needs were not matched, recognised or properly supported. Like many girls who grow up with undiagnosed autism, I learned to mask, to get through the day, and to carry the weight of feeling different without always having the language to explain why. I left school …
-
- 0 replies
- 195 views
-
-
Dominic Morgan โ Founder of Underdog Crew Studios My story begins with what looked, from the outside, like an idyllic childhood. I grew up on a farm, surrounded by space, animals and the kind of rural freedom many children would dream of. But inside, I felt disconnected. As a child, I was more comfortable with animals than with groups of people. Cats, in particular, felt easier to understand than humans. One friend coming round was perfect. One person felt manageable, safe and clear. But when there were two, three or more, everything became harder. I did not know where to put my attention, how to divide my energy, or how to cope with the social noise of it all. Looking b…
-
- 0 replies
- 239 views
-